Interview on Periscope app - a guest post by Mary Fan

Recently, Glass House owner/editor/publisher/Grand Empress of All the Things Carrie White-Parrish tipped me off to a little app called Periscope, which is basically live YouTube. I tried it on for size and made a grand idiot of myself. However, turns out my Twitter pal, sci-fi/fantasy author Christopher Vale, is a bona fide Periscoper, and he invited me onto his broadcast to talk books and Star Wars. I was nervous, but I figured I couldn't make an even bigger idiot of myself than I already had, so I agreed. And I'm really glad I did, because it was a blast! Not only did we speculate about the new Star Wars movie and gush about Firefly, but he'd read both Firedragon novellas and gave them a little plug. All in all, it was loads of fun, and I'm really glad I did it! Check out the replay, which was posted to YouTube.


If you want to follow Mary on Periscope, you can find her by her Twitter handle @AstralColt

Author Mary Fan
Mary Fan is a hopeless dreamer, whose mind insists on spinning tales of “what if.” As a music major in college, she told those stories through compositions. Now she tells them through books—a habit she began as soon as she could pick up a pencil. Mary is the author of author of The FiredragonFiredragon RisingTell Me My Name, forthcoming Flynn Nightsider and the Edge of Evil (Flynn Nightsider series) and Fated Stars series.

Mary lives in New Jersey and has a B.A. from Princeton University. When she’s not scheming to create new worlds, she enjoys kickboxing, opera singing, and blogging about everything having to do with books.

No comments:

Post a Comment